Click here to view all user guides.
Where can I order my Wagz Freedom?
The Wagz Freedom is currently available at wagz.com as well as select online retailers.
Am I able to purchase additional batteries and other accessories?
Yes, you can purchase additional batteries and accessories directly from our website, wagz.com.
What is included in the box with my new Wagz Freedom?
The box comes complete with one Wagz Freedom collar attachment, two rechargeable batteries, one micro USB cable for charging the batteries, one battery charger and a convenient Quick Start Guide. Please note: Wagz Freedom attaches to your own dog’s collar. A collar/strap is not included with Wagz Freedom.
Can I use my Wagz Freedom outside the US?
Right now, the Wagz Freedom is best used within the 48 contiguous United States. Please be sure to check coverage in your area: https://www.tmobile.com/coverage/coverage-map We do plan to expand to other countries in the future.
Where is the Wagz Freedom made?
Wagz Freedom is designed and engineered in Portsmouth, NH (USA) and manufactured in Mexico.
Where can I find information on how to use my Wagz Freedom?
A detailed Quick Start Guide is included with your Wagz Freedom. If you have additional questions, please contact the Dog Nerdz at Wagz Customer Support by email at email@example.com or phone at 1.844.252.3140 - Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT.
I purchased a Petzi product and understand that Petzi is now owned by Wagz. Can someone at Wagz help me with questions about my Petzi product?
Absolutely! There are a list of Petzi FAQs on this page below that you may find helpful. However, if you need further assistance, please contact the Dog Nerdz at Wagz Customer Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.844.252.3140; Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm ET.
Do you offer a military discount on the Wagz Freedom?
Yes, Wagz offers a 10% military discount on products only; subscriptions not included. For details, please contact the Dog Nerdz at Wagz Customer Support by email at email@example.com or phone at 1.844.252.3140 – Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm EST/EDT.
Product and Battery
What size dog is Wagz Freedom made for?
Wagz Freedom is recommended for dogs weighing 15 lbs. or more.
How much does the Wagz Freedom weigh?
50 grams or 1.7 oz.
What size is the Wagz Freedom?
The Wagz Freedom is 2.375” wide x 2” high x 1.5” deep, including the clip in the back of the device.
Is the Wagz Freedom available in more than one size?
Wagz Freedom is available in one size and is recommended for dogs that are 15 lbs. or more.
What size and type of collar does Wagz Freedom work best with?
Wagz Freedom works best on nylon, leather, or cloth dog collars up to 1.5 inches in width.
How do I attach and remove Wagz Freedom to my dog’s collar?
Wagz Freedom has one sturdy clip on the back that attaches securely to your dog’s existing collar. No tools needed!
Does Wagz Freedom include any correction types to keep my dog inside the geofence?
Yes! The Wagz Freedom features no-shock training. It uses humane corrections including audible sound, ultrasonic sound, and vibration.
Is Wagz Freedom waterproof?
The Wagz Freedom is IP67 water and dustproof and can easily handle spills and splashes of water, sweat and rain. Additionally, it can be fully submerged in up to 1.0 meter (approximately 3.3 feet) of fresh water for 30 minutes. Ensure the battery is fully dry before recharging.
Will changes in the weather impact my Wagz Freedom?
We expect all dogs to be outside in various weather conditions, and in general that should not affect your Wagz Freedom. However, extreme heat (over 160°F) or extreme cold (below -4°F) for extended periods of time may affect the life of the electronic components of the Wagz Freedom.
How do the ultrasonic and vibration corrections work?
The ultrasonic emitter produces a loud, high frequency sound. Humans will not be able to hear it, but dogs with normal hearing will. The ultrasonic sound will not force a dog to do anything, but much like a normal loud sound, it will capture the dog's attention and distract it from any improper behaviors it may be engaged in. Training is required to teach the dog the proper behavior (for example, to not leave the geofenced area) when it hears the ultrasonic signal. This is true of the vibration correction as well. It serves as a stimulus to capture the dog's attention; however, training is required for the dog to understand what to do upon experiencing this corrective vibration.
How does Wagz Freedom know where my dog is?
Wagz Freedom uses GPS to check the location of your pet and keeps your pet safe by connecting to WiFi or mobile data. The location of your pet is updated in the Wagz App.
How frequently will the GPS refresh on my Wagz Freedom?
The GPS refresh time depends on whether the Wagz Freedom is asleep (low power mode) or not. If the dog is active, the Wagz Freedom will detect the movement and the Wagz App will refresh approximately every minute. When on cell coverage, GPS is updated approximately every 3 minutes.
Is there a size limitation for the geofence I can create for my pet?
The geofence is customizable and there is no minimum or maximum size. However, it is recommended that when you create a geofence you add a 3 to 5-foot buffer on both sides of the fence to ensure the best accuracy possible.
Does Wagz Freedom allow multiple geofences to be stored in my Wagz App?
Yes! The Wagz App can store up to 20 geofences based on a combination of factors; (1) number of geofences set (2) total number of “points” designated within a geofence, and (3) number of dogs assigned to the geofences. For example, when traveling you can set up other geofences at your destination while saving the one(s) at home. Geofences can be toggled on and off wherever you go.
Can I have more than one dog on the Wagz App inside the same perimeter?
Each dog can have their own unique geofences, or they can share the ones that other dogs are using on the same account, or they can have a combination of unique and shared geofences.
Note: When you create a geofence, the last step is to assign that geofence to any or all your dogs. Any geofence can be assigned to one, some, or all your dogs. Typically, you might have one or two geofences that all your dogs share, but the system will allow you to mix and match, as needed.
Will my pet experience a correction upon re-entry to the geofenced area?
No, there is no audible or vibration correction upon re-entry to the geofenced area. However, to put your mind at ease, you will receive an alert in your Wagz App that your pet has re-entered the designated geofenced area
How long will the battery last?
Many factors determine battery life, primarily the activity level of your dog. On average each fully charged battery can last between 24-48 hours depending on these factors. Be sure to check your battery level on the Wagz Freedom on a regular basis, but we recommend changing your battery daily. For your convenience, you will receive a low battery warning on your Wagz App when there is 20% battery life remaining.
What type of battery is used with Wagz Freedom?
There are two (2) Li-ion 4.2V batteries included with your Wagz Freedom.
Technology and Cell Service
What mobile provider does the Wagz Freedom use? Do I need to use the same mobile provider to use it?
Wagz Freedom uses T-Mobile for cellular service, which is covered by your Wagz subscription. Your specific cellular service does not impact your Wagz Freedom.
Will the Wagz Freedom work without cell service? Can I use it with just WiFi?
The Wagz Freedom uses both WiFi and mobile service. It does require connection to mobile service so that it can always keep your pet safe and so you can receive notifications via your smart device and the Wagz App.
Can I use my phone’s hotspot for WiFi?
The Wagz Freedom will connect to a hotspot for WiFi access, but we do not recommend it for long-term use because it will use data on your phone’s plan.
Do I need a subscription to use the Wagz Freedom? How much is the subscription?
Yes, you need a subscription to use Wagz Freedom as it uses cellular data to update the Wagz App. You can choose between a monthly subscription for $9.99 and a yearly subscription for $99.99.
Can I change or cancel my Wagz subscription at any time?
In order to change or cancel your Wagz subscription, please contact the Dog Nerdz at Wagz Customer Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1.844.252.3140 - Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT.
Is there a cancellation fee for the subscription?
There is no cancellation fee. However, if you have registered for the yearly subscription plan it will be prorated back to the monthly rate.
How do I create my Wagz account?
Simply go to app.wagz.com to set up your Wagz account and choose your subscription plan.
I did not receive my verification email when I created my new Wagz account. How can you help?
First, please make sure to check your spam folder. If you need further assistance, please contact the Dog Nerdz at Wagz Customer Support by email at email@example.com or phone at 1.844.252.3140 - Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT.
Can I use the locate feature on the web browser when signed into my account?
At this time, the locate feature is not available through the app.wagz.com website. However, you can access the locate feature through the mobile Wagz App.
Wagz Mobile App
Do I need the free Wagz App to use Wagz Freedom? Where can I get the Wagz App?
Yes, you will need to download the free Wagz App to use the Wagz Freedom. The Wagz App is available in Google Play and the Apple Store.
Can I track more than one pet in the same Wagz App?
Yes, you can track multiple pets in the Wagz App. Each pet has a page on the dashboard, and you can easily move between your pets.
Can more than one person track the same pet from their phones?
Yes, multiple people can be logged into the same account. This requires you to share the email address and password associated with your Wagz account.
What smart phones and platforms are supported for tracking and notifications?
You can access your Wagz Freedom from an Android or Apple smartphone or tablet. Your device must run iOS 11 or newer, or Android 6 or newer.
Wagz App Dashboard
What are the icons on the Wagz Freedom status bar, and what does each icon mean?
Geofence: Indicates the geofence feature. If the Wagz Freedom is receiving an accurate location, the geofence icon will be a bolded blue.GPS: Indicates that the Wagz Freedom has GPS. If the indicator is empty, it means your Wagz Freedom does not have GPS. If it appears as a bullseye then the collar has GPS. Wi-Fi: Indicates whether the Wagz Freedom is connected to Wi-Fi. If it is grayed out, that means you are not on a Wi-Fi network. If the icon shows blue, then you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Cell: Indicates whether the Wagz Freedom is connected to the mobile network. If it is grayed out, that means you are not connected to the mobile network. If the bars are solid blue, then you are connected to the mobile network. Battery Charge: Indicates the current charge of your Wagz Freedom. Temperature: Indicates the ambient temperature.
Can the Wagz Freedom update my pet’s location at any distance?
The Wagz Freedom can update your pet’s location from anywhere in the United States as long it is connected to a supported Wi-Fi network or a cellular network.
Can I use the Wagz Freedom on my other pets?
The Wagz Freedom is currently designed for dogs weighing 15 lbs. or more.
How accurate is the Wagz Freedom when locating my dog?
The accuracy depends on a variety of factors, such as the line of sight to the sky and surrounding obstacles. The location is determined by the Global Positioning System (GPS), which has accuracy within 3 meters. We use additional technologies to enable even better accuracy when available.
How quickly will I be alerted when my dog leaves the geofenced area?
The speed of the notification will depend on the connectivity of the Wagz Freedom and of the user’s phone. If the Wagz Freedom has a strong connection and the user’s phone has a strong Wi-Fi or cellular connection, the notification will be sent within seconds.
If the battery dies, will Wagz Freedom show my dog’s last known location?
The Wagz App will show the last known location but will not update again until a charged battery is inserted back into the collar. For your convenience, you will receive a low battery warning on your Wagz App when there is 20% battery life remaining.
Will I be able to see my location in the Wagz App as it relates to my dog? Will the Wagz Freedom provide directions to my pet?
The Wagz App will show where your pet is. If you are within the map’s displayed area, you will see yourself relative to the pet, and you will be able to hit a button to switch over to your phone’s navigation app, which in most cases will be able to give you directions to your pet
I received a false alert on my App. What does that mean?
The Wagz Freedom uses the available GPS data to determine where your pet is located. If the pet is close to a boundary, there is a chance that the location is reported within the accuracy range that violates the boundary you have set up. In these cases, we trigger an alert to be safe as the pet may be at or over the border
Will my Wagz Freedom work inside my home or office?
Yes, Wagz Freedom will continue to work inside your home. However, please note that the GPS feature may not be accurate inside your home or office building since the signals are blocked by the structure.
How do I create a geofence? Do I need to walk around my property?
No, you do not need to walk a geofence boundary to set it. You can locate the property in the Wagz App and simply touch your device with points around the designated area. Be sure to connect the points completely.
Can I keep my dog from going into my garden or other places on my property?
Yes, the Wagz geofence feature allows you to set Keep Out Zones within a designated property area.
Does Wagz Freedom make a sound or have a light?
Yes, and yes! The Wagz Freedom does have the option of manual audible corrections. There is also a LED safety light that can be turned on and off from your Wagz App. This feature will help keep your pet safe at night!
What does the Wagz Freedom track relative to your dog’s wellbeing?
The Wagz Freedom currently tracks your dog’s step count, sleep time, exercise time, and shows you historical ambient temperatures. It also has a great feature called Fit Units!
What are Wagz Fit Units?
Fit Units are a relative measure of how much energy your pet is expending. They take many different data points into consideration and let you know how active your pet is from day to day
Will I receive an alert if my pet goes into water?
The Wagz Freedom does not alert you when it gets wet; however, the Wagz Freedom is waterproof. If you have areas of your property that are off-limits to your pet (pool, garden, pond, etc.), you can set up Keep Out Zones inside your geofenced area. This way you will be notified if your dog enters that designated keep-out area.
Can the Wagz Freedom alert me if it is removed from my dog?
Currently, the Wagz Freedom does not alert you if it is no longer attached to your dog’s collar.
Warranty and Return Policies
What is the Wagz Freedom Warranty Policy?
All Wagz products have a One-Year Limited Warranty.
Should your Wagz product have a defect in product material or workmanship within the first year of ownership, Wagz, at its sole discretion, will arrange to deliver an identical or comparable replacement free of charge. Wagz will arrange to have a replacement product returned you or reimburse you the amount of the original purchase price. Your replacement product will be covered under a new one-year limited warranty. Returns must be in original packaging with all original packing materials, including a copy of your original sales receipt. This warranty does not cover consequential or incidental damages such as property damage and does not cover incidental costs and expenses resulting from any breach of this warranty, even if foreseeable. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you depending on the state of purchase. This warranty does not cover damages caused by repairs by anyone, use of parts other than genuine Wagz parts, or damages caused by abuse, misuse, alterations, modifications, use not conforming with the supplied instructions, damage caused by a pet, environmental conditions such as excessive heat, sunlight, water, and smoke, improper cleaning, or acts of God.
Not every pet can be trained to avoid the established boundary. Sometimes, even a properly trained pet may cross the boundary. Therefore, neither Wagz, Inc., nor its distributors and dealers can guarantee the system will, in all cases, keep a customer’s pet within the established boundary. Accordingly, if a customer has reason to believe that their pet may pose a danger to others, or harm itself, the customer should not rely solely upon the Wagz Freedom pet containment system to keep the pet from crossing the boundary.
This warranty is exclusive and is in lieu of any other express warranty, whether written or oral. the duration of any implied warranties, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties arising from course of dealing, is expressly limited to the period of duration of this limited warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you depending on the state of purchase.
To claim your warranty, please contact us:
Hours of operation: 8AM – 5PM (EST), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
Wagz, Inc. will send a pre-paid shipping label via email or regular mail so the product may be sent to Wagz at no cost to the consumer. Once received, Wagz may ship a replacement product or contact the consumer with further information. Typical response time is up to 10 business days, plus shipping, depending upon the geographical location of the consumer and type of damage or the nature of the Warranty claim. Wagz, Inc. recommends that consumers use the Wagz shipping label or a traceable, insured delivery service. Wagz is not responsible for any damage while a product is in transit or for products shipped by the consumer that are not received by Wagz. Returns must be in original packaging with all original packing materials and include a copy of your original sales receipt.
What is the Wagz Freedom Return Policy?
Wagz products have a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
If you are not fully satisfied with your Wagz Inc. product, simply return it to Wagz within 30 days of your purchase. Your purchase price will be refunded in the original form of payment. Your return shipping and handling costs are not refunded when returning the product. If your product is returned within 30 days from the date of purchase, your subscription will be cancelled by Wagz. Wagz is not responsible for any lost mail. For gift returns that are received within 30 days of the transaction date, you will receive a Wagz.com E-Gift Certificate for the amount paid by the purchaser.
To return your Wagz Freedom Smart Dog Collar, please follow these instructions:
1: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and indicate the reason for your return.
2: You will receive an RMA # via email, along with shipping instructions. The RMA # should be clearly indicated on the front of your package.
3: Please ship your Wagz Freedom Collar in its original packaging, include a copy of your original sales receipt and ship it with a postmark no later than 30 days from the date of purchase.
Your original form of payment will be credited within 7-10 business days of our receipt of the product. If you have specific questions about this return policy, please call Wagz at: 1-844-252-3140 or email email@example.com.
How do I contact Customer Support with any questions?
The Dog Nerdz at Wagz Customer Support are ready to answer your questions.
For your convenience, please contact us:
Phone: 1.844.252.3140 (Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT)
I’m setting up my account, why haven’t I received an activation email yet?
Sometimes users with Verizon, Yahoo or AOL emails may be delayed or go into your Spam/Junk folder. Please make sure to check there first! If you still cannot find the activation email, please contact our Team of Dog Nerdz and we will activate your account for you!
How do I add multiple users to my Petzi account?
At this time, Petzi accounts can only have one user associated with the Treat Cam - however, you are able to have your Petzi account on multiple devices! You can share your account credentials with the people you want to have access to your Treat Cam! Please be aware that only one user can access the Treat Cam/be in a video session at a time. So, if you are sharing your account and unable to access your Treat Cam, it is most likely because another user has started a session!
How do I change my Petzi account username?
When you are in the Petzi App, you can change your username by selecting “My Profiles” and then “Edit”. Select your current username and you will be able to edit it! Make sure to select “Save” once you have changed your username.
How do I change the email address associated with my Petzi account?
At this time, users are not able to change the email address associated with their Petzi Account. Contact the Dog Nerdz at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How do I delete my Petzi account?
To delete your Petzi account, you will have to contact our Team of Dog Nerdz at email@example.com.
What kind of treats should I use with my Petzi?
Your Petzi is designed to dispense treats that are less than 1” in diameter. Make sure to avoid soft or semi-soft treats, these will get stuck and make it difficult to keep your Petzi clean! Your Petzi is not airtight, thus making it easier for these softer treats to go stale and unappetizing for your pet!
Can multiple people access the Petzi Treat Cam?
Yes! You and anyone you share your credentials with can log into the Petzi App to access a video session. Only one email account can be associated with a Petzi, so you will need to log in using the same account that you used to set up your Petzi initially. If you ever elect to change the email account associated with your Petzi, all you need to do is reset your Petzi.
NOTE: Only one device can access a video session at a time. i.e., you and whomever you share your credentials with cannot be in a video session on two different phones at the same time, one of you will receive a "Whoopzi!" notification if the other is in the video session.
How do I reset my Petzi Treat Cam?
Before resetting your Petzi Treat Cam, make sure it is plugged in!
Step 1: Remove the cover of the Treat Cam
Step 2: Using an unbent paperclip or similar long, thin object, press the reset switch (located on the lower right side of the speaker) for 2-3 seconds or until you see the light on the unit.
Step 2a: If you have a newer Petzi Cam (Serial Number PET-18XX and higher) the light will simply stop blinking. You will need to unplug and re-plug your Petzi into your outlet. You should see your camera light begin to blink once per second after doing so.
Step 3: Open the Petzi App and delete your "old" Petzi Camera by selecting "Menu"→ "Petzi Treat Cam" → Select the Pencil Icon next to your camera → "Delete" (iOS" or "trashcan icon" (Android)
Step 4: You will now be able to "Add a new Camera"
Your Petzi Treat Cam has now been reset and setup once again!
I got a new WiFi router, how do I onboard my Petzi to the new router?
If you get a new router, you will have to reset your WiFi settings on the Petzi App. Your Petzi is associated with your email address, and stores your WiFi information, so to onboard new WiFi information, you will have to go through the setup process on the App.
Note: When you are setting up your Petzi with a dual-band router (has a 5G and 2.4G network), please make sure you are connected to a 2.4G network! Petzi is not compatible with 5G networks at this time.
I have been trying to connect my Petzi to my WiFi network and each time I enter the password, it says it is incorrect. I know this is not an issue with my password because I have re-entered it on my phone and computer and it works. Why is my Petzi not accepting the password?
Make sure you have entered your password correctly in the Petzi App. The Petzi firmware currently does not accept any “uncommon” special characters, such as “/” in the WiFi password.
I am trying to connect the Petzi with an iPhone, but after connecting to the Petzi network it will not move to the next screen. How can I fix this?
With the release of iOS 13, Apple put in more security features. To fix the issue you will need to make sure that your location permission is turned on for the Petzi app. To turn on the location permission go to “Settings” on your iPhone. Once in “Settings” scroll down to the Petzi app icon. Select the icon. You should see a permissions page pop up. Make sure that “Location” is toggled to “while using app”.
How can I mount the Petzi Treat Cam on my wall?
Treats are not being ejected/dispensing from my Petzi. What could be wrong?
There are a few things that may cause your Petzi to stop dispensing treats. Here are the most common causes and their fixes:
● Treats are stuck in the dispenser - Check your dispenser! Does the ejector push back and spring forward normally? Make sure to clear any treats or debris that may be lodged behind the ejector and try again!
● The ejection motor is not functioning properly - If you have determined that it is not due to treats being stuck, empty your Petzi of all treats and select “Dispense” in your Petzi App. While your Petzi is trying to dispense (no treats), do you hear the motor running? Do you see the dispensing wheel spinning? If either of these functions are not working, please contact us at 1-844-252-3140.
● Spring has come disconnected - If you have a “Grabby Tabby” who likes to go fishing for their own treats from your Petzi, it is possible for them to snag the spring and disconnect it. This will prevent your Petzi from being able to dispense treats. If this is the case, please contact our support team at 1-844-252-3140 for assistance.
Why are treats coming out if I shake my phone?
This is a feature on the Petzi App! Instead of pressing the bone icon, you can simply shake your phone and treats will be dispensed to your pet!
I started a video session, but I don’t think my pet can hear me. How do I make sure the microphone is working?
Prior to using the microphone feature on your Petzi, please make sure you have the microphone enabled in your general phone settings!
● If you are using an iPhone, you will need to do the following: Settings-->Privacy-->Microphone-->Toggle "on" for Petzi App
● If you are using an Android phone, you will need to grant permissions by doing the following: Settings-->Apps-->Petzi-->Permissions-->Toggle "on" for microphone. Make sure that when you are speaking to your pet, you are holding down on the “Speak” button the whole time! The “Speak” button will get larger when pressed to indicate that it is activated. If your pet still cannot hear you, make sure your volume setting is correct! You can adjust your volume settings by selecting the gear icon in the upper right corner during your video session.
I started a video session, but I cannot hear my pet. How do I turn audio on?
Currently, Petzi only supports one-way audio. While you cannot hear
I am in a video session but the camera is distorted/green, what could be going on?
There are a few reasons why your Petzi video may become distorted and/or green:
● Quality of Petzi connection to router
● Internal home bandwidth
● Be aware that the more devices you have on your network, the more reduced the home’s bandwidth becomes.
● Upload speed
● Some Cable providers that use WiFi to stream, media servers, or home IP cameras that are constantly streaming will interfere.
These issues are typically due to packet loss. If you are having any of these issues, you will want to contact your WiFi Network provider so they can run a diagnostic to help determine where this packet loss is taking place. Quality of phone connection (i.e. cellular data or WiFi connection) may also cause this - in which case it is dependent on your phones connection mode or location while using the app to connect to your Petzi.
What does it mean when my Petzi Camera Light starts blinking?
Your Petzi Camera Light will come on while you are in a video session and will turn off once the session has ended. If the light stays on after the session has ended, turn your Treat Cam off and on (power cycle).
When your Petzi Camera Light is blinking rapidly, this indicates that your device is no longer connected to your WiFi. Make sure to check your router and WiFi connection to make sure it is still up and running!
After a WiFi reset and when you initially set up your Petzi, the camera light will blink once/second which indicates you need to connect to your Wi-Fi! If you see occasional blinks or rapid blinking, this will indicate that your Petzi software is being updated!
Google has changed some WiFi security features in Android 6.0 and above that may affect setting up a new Petzi Treat Cam. Please be aware of the following:
● Location Services must be enabled during setup - During setup, the Petzi App for Android automatically finds the Petzi_XXXX WiFi name of the Treat Cam. In Android 6.0 and above, location services MUST be enabled for this to work. Once your Treat Cam is setup and you have your first session, you can disable location services.
● Cellular Data may need to be disabled during setup - During setup, you must disable Cellular Data to setup the camera properly. To do that, go to your Android Settings, select "Connections", then "Data Usage", then turn "Mobile Data" to the OFF position (gray, as opposed to blue). Once your Treat Cam is setup, you can turn your cellular data back on.
● Turn off Power Save Mode during setup - During setup, the App may report "Enable WiFi on your phone". On some Android phones, this incorrect message is due to Power Save Mode being enabled. Once your Treat Cam is setup and you have your first session, you can re-enable Power Save Mode.
● Android 6 and above may disable Petzi_XXXX - Android 6 will permanently ignore WiFi networks that are not connected to the Internet. A Petzi Treat Cam that has not been setup displays this behavior. After 2 or 3 setup failures, you will not be able to setup until you do the following:
1. Go to your WiFi Settings
2. Connect to Petzi_XXXX. (You may notice a message that says that it is not connected to the Internet.)
3. Tap on the Petzi_XXXX name, you will have the option to "Forget" the network.
● Router Issues - We are collecting known router incompatibilities with all versions. Please let us know the make and model of your WiFi router when you contact us. We may know some minor setting changes you need to make to get connected.
● Get connected with a non-Android device - If none of the above suggestions work, setup your Treat Cam with another make and model of phone running Android or iOS. Once the camera is setup on your account, your Android phone (and any device that logs in with the same email/password) will be able to connect with the camera, treat and talk normally.
I set up my Petzi, but I don’t want to hear the jingle every time I check in on my pet. Can I turn it off?
Absolutely! When you start your video session, a “bell” icon will pop up on the left side of your screen. Under this icon you can select “on” (green) or “off” (black). Once you turn it off, it will remain off during all future video sessions until you turn it back on. .
I have been taking a lot of pictures of my pet! How do I share them?
The Petzi App uses the camera on your smartphone and will be saved in your Photo Album. You can either share them directly from the Petzi App or your Camera Roll.
I’m trying to share a picture from my Petzi App but the App keeps exiting. Why?
An update will be coming soon to fix this bug. At this time, iOS users may not be able to share their Petzi Photo’s directly from the App. You can still share the photo from your Camera Roll by selecting “Save For Later”.
Smart Device Set-Up
Can I download the Petzi App on my iPad?
Yes! The Petzi App is available for download in the App Store (Apple) and Google Play (Android). The Petzi App is compatible with iPhones or iPads with iOS 8.0 or above. The Petzi App is compatible with Android phones, tablets, and phablets.
How do I set up my Petzi on an iPhone?
Before starting, please make sure to have the following:
● Petzi App downloaded and signed in with your new or existing Petzi Account
● Petzi Treat Cam plugged in
● Petzi Treat Cam light blinking once per second
1. Ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled and you are connected to a 2.4G network in your WiFi Setting
● If your phone automatically connects to a 5G network, select the blue info icon, and select “Forget this Network” and then join your 2.4G network
2. Make sure your "Location" Permission is toggled to 'While Using App.' This can be done by going to your phone settings and then to the Petzi App.
3. Open your Petzi App and select the side bar menu. You will see several options listed, select “Petzi Treat Cam”
4. Select “Add New Treat Cam” or “Add Another Treat Cam”
5. You will then be prompted to fill your Petzi with treats, plug it into an outlet, and wait for the red light. Select “NEXT”. Your screen will then say “Connecting”
6. You will then be prompted to go to your Wi-Fi Settings, select Petzi and come back to the Petzi App
7. You will then go to your WiFi Settings and see Petzi_XXXX as an option under “Choose a Network”
8. You will then select the Petzi_XXXX Network and go back to the Petzi App where your screen will then say “Connecting” and bring you to a page that says “Connect to WiFi”
● Here you will select the same 2.4G network your phone was connected to prior to the set-up process and enter your WiFi password and select “Next”
9. The Petzi App will then say “Configuring” and “Finalizing” and will bring you to your first video session!
How do I set up my Petzi on an Android smart phone?
Before starting, please make sure to have the following:
● Petzi App downloaded and signed in with your new or existing Petzi Account
● Petzi Treat Cam plugged in
● Petzi Treat Cam Light blinking once per second
1. Ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If it is not you will receive a "Wi-Fi not enabled! Please enable the Wi-Fi on your phone to proceed" notification. To enable your Wi-Fi, exit the app and find Settings. The Settings App will have a Gear Icon.
2. Once you are in your Settings, you will need to find and select Connections or Network & Internet.
● On this page you will see Wi-Fi as one of the options. You will notice that the toggle switch is flipped to the left. This indicates that your Wi Fi is off. Simply press the button and it will toggle to the right and the color will change from gray to blue. If your phone recognizes your Wi-Fi network and automatically connects, you will not need to do anything more. If it does not, you should see the name of your network under the word "Wi Fi". If you do not see a network name, you are most likely still not connected.
● Select the word ‘Wi Fi’ and you will be redirected to a list of current and available Networks. Scroll down the available Networks until you see your network. Select it and you will then be prompted to put in the password. Once you have successfully been connected to your network, return to the Petzi app. When connecting to your WiFi network during the Set Up process of your Petzi, please make sure your phone is connected to your 2.4G network, not your 5G network.
3. Once you are back in the Petzi App, select the Menu button located on the upper left side. Select the Petzi Treat Cam option and you will receive a notification that says "Plug in your Petzi Treat cam to an AC outlet, wait for the camera LED to flash, then hit CONTINUE"
● Select the outlined "CONTINUE" button at the bottom of the screen
4. Your phone will then scan for your Petzi Treat Cam If your Petzi Treat Cam has been found:
5. You will receive a notification that says "Please turn off Cellular Data. Click Go to Settings and turn off the Cellular data during the setup. Use the back button to get back to the App. Select ‘Go to Settings’. The app should redirect you to your Settings so that you can disable your data.
● Just like with the Wi-Fi toggle button, if it is switched to the right with the blue coloring, that means your data is enabled. To turn your data off, simply press the toggle button. A message will pop up, prompting you to confirm that you want to turn your data off. Select ‘TURN OFF’ or ‘OK’ Once you have selected ‘TURN OFF’ or ‘OK’, return to the Petzi app and you see a screen that says "We've found a Petzi Treat Cam and it's ready to set up!"
6. Select "LET'S START" located at the bottom of the screen. If your Petzi Treat Cam has not been found: Check to see that your Petzi is connected on your Wi-Fi settings. To do this, you will go back to your Setting page and into your Wi-Fi setup. Your Petzi should appear in the Available Networks. If you do not see it immediately, re-scan until you see it appear, once you do, select it to connect to it. Once it is successfully connected, return to the App, and follow the same exact steps provided above under “If your Petzi Treat Cam has been found”
7. You will now be prompted to name your Petzi Treat Cam
8. After naming your Petzi, select "CONTINUE", this will bring you to the "Connect your Petzi Treat Cam to a Wi-Fi network" page. Select the 2.4G network that your phone is connected to and enter your WiFi password. After you have filled in this information select ‘CONTINUE’ and you will see your Petzi Treat Cam being connected to your Wi-Fi network
9. After it has connected, your Petzi Treat Cam will look for any firmware updates.
● Between connecting your Petzi Treat Cam and checking for updates, the entire process can up to a minute.
10. When updates have been completed you may be prompted to turn your data back on. Just like before, select ‘Go to Settings’ and switch the toggle to the right to turn it back on and then return to your app. You should now be all set to use your Petzi Treat Cam!